I have something scary to tell you – it is now less than 4 months until Summer! Less than 4 months until you will have to bare significant amounts of skin. Less than 4 months until the party season of plenty of eating and drinking. Less than 4 months until that bikini will expose the sins of your Winter if you do not take serious action – those weekend pies and warm desserts are not seeming like such a good idea now are they?
It is highly likely if you are reading this post you have some interest in losing weight and the truth be known, most of us would like to lean up a little most of the time (me included) but the good things in life just seem to take priority over dietary restriction and regular, intense training sessions too often, which in turn leaves us with several extra kilos, kilos which also tend to increase each year.
So, if you are serious about taking control of your weight and losing 5-10kg before Summer it is time to get started now. Often lifestyle regimes fail because they are unsustainable – you can’t quit sugar because deep down you like it; you cannot exercise that much and eat that little for any extended period of time; or programs are not lifestyle friendly and fall out of consciousness the minute you are not eating at home. As such, any 3 month program that supports sustainable weight loss needs to be, a) user friendly b) lifestyle friendly and c) flexible, which is why we have launched the Shape Me 3 month plan.
Our new 3 month program will not only develop individualised, calorie controlled meal plans along with daily guidance and tips for the entire 90 days but you have ongoing access to me for any questions, hiccups, contingency plans and support to ensure you remain focused and move towards your weight loss goals. Shape Me has been developed to act as your personal dietitian at the touch of your mobile device or laptop and you can use it as strictly or as occasionally as you wish. So what are you waiting for, let’s commit and make some real inroads to taking control of your weight and losing that annoying 5-10kg for good. And if you think this sounds like it could be the journey for you, here are some other things to commit to this week:
1. Document your weight loss goals – outcome is significantly more likely when goals are identified, written down and reviewed regularly. Likewise, ticking off your goals each week including your weight loss will help to keep you focused and motivated throughout your journey.
2. Get excited – weight loss programs fail because we stop enjoying them. Get excited about looking after your body with the right food and more movement. Consider how good it would feel to be lighter, more energised, fitter and healthier. When you enjoy your food and exercise, your program will become a part of you not just a short term commitment.
3. Involve other people – if your partner and close friends are not supportive, it is going to become challenging over a 3 month period to remain focused with your new lifestyle choices. Recruit a friend or partner to join you on your journey to not only make it more enjoyable but more likely to succeed.
4. Act now – thoughts without action = no results. If you are serious do something now, today that will move you towards your weight loss goals. Tomorrow or soon tends to never come.
5. Make a list – if you want to move forward it is time for some self-reflection. Today I want you to make a list of all the habits that will need to change if you are really going to lose weight this time. Some examples include not buying crap at the supermarket; being strong enough and restaurants to not order high fat food; stop using excuses to move less and to move more at work. If you have 5-10kg to lose, I promise you will have at least 5 of these on your list.
Take control and get in shape for Summer today. Join the Shape Me 3 month plan here.