So you are feeling a little low and need a quick pick me up – before you rush out and grab an energy drink or a packet of lollies, check out my top 5 energy foods which are great nutrient rich foods that can help boost your energy in no time, the natural way.
1. Low fat chocolate milk – a perfect mix of low GI carbs and protein, consumed as a cold drink, hot chocolate or even iced coffee will help to keep you full and satisfied for 2-3 hours after drinking it.
2. Wholegrain bread – all bread is not bad, simply choose a dense grain variety and top it with cheese, peanut butter, avocado or cream cheese for a tasty and energy rich snack.
3. Oats – natural energy the way nature intended it. Team a tablespoon or two of oats with Greek yoghurt, low fat milk or protein powder, some berries, vanilla or cinnamon for a delicious tasty snack.
4. No added sugar peanut butter – a tasty way to get your fuel and good fat. Enjoy a tablespoon with corn cakes, a slice of wholegrain toast or apple slices for a delicious snack.
5. Bananas – are for monkeys and humans who need lots of energy in natural packaging and are a guaranteed energy hit within minutes.