We may know that we need to eat more salad to get all of the key nutrients including fibre, Vitamin K and other goodies that fresh salad vegetables but offer but busy lives can make it tough. Here are my top five salads that serve a perfect lunch balance that you can literally put together in 10 minutes or less.
1. Low FODMAP Chicken Lunch Salad
2. Salmon and Danish Feta Salad
3. Tuna and 4 Bean Mix Salad
4. Pumpkin, Quinoa and Rocket Salad
5. Chicken and Brown Rice with Veges
Recipe: Low FODMAP Chicken Lunch Salad – Serves 2.
4 Peppercorn Chicken Sausages, grilled and sliced into pieces
150g or 4 cups Baby Rocket or Spinach leaves
1 punnet of blueberries
50g goat’s cheese
1 red capsicum, finely sliced
2 tbsp. pepitas
1 cup roasted sweet potato or pumpkin, cut into cubes
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
1. Mix all salad ingredients and dress with olive oil and red wine vinegar.